Friday, July 23, 2010

Flower napkin folding

Several of you have asked me to show you how I made the flower napkins for my "lily pads" from my last tablescape. I'm more than happy to show you, and I believe that you'll find it quite easy!




I started with an oversized napkin - dinner size.



fold corners to the middle.


all four corners folded in.



fold the corners to the middle again.


all four corners folded in.


flip over



fold corners in toward the middle on this side



all four folded in on this side.


reach behind the corner of the napkin and pull the material from behind up and around.


repeat for all four corners - these are your flower "petals"


pull corners from behind between each "petal".


your napkin flower is flat at this point



at this point you can finish the flower with a votive or tea light in the center...a shell....small box...whatever you like.



I took a small glass container that I use for tealights...


and placed the napkin inside to make my water lily



here's my flower in a teacup -- you could also place it in a stemmed glass -- just fluff and play with it until it looks the way you want.



...and that's it! Have fun!

See ya!

22 comments:

  1. I love learning new ways to fold napkins. Thanks for the lesson!

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, Thank you for sharing this info...the napkins are so pretty and add a great deal to enhancing the table!
    So neat,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    I think I can do this!
    Oh my gosh-

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG This looks so easy girl...Thanks for sharing this great tip...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I also love learning new napkin folds. This is so pretty and impressive. Thanks for the instructions!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have to keep this where I can find it!! I need something different and this is just too cute!! Thanks for posting the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent tutorial...and we're now going to see how well my 10 year old g'daughter can follow it! She'll love it!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this great tutorial!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magic!
    You are a Magician of the best kind!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I came here for a revisit. I love to fold linens and have tried to learn new techniques. This one is new to me, and I love it.

    The family will have linen flowers on their next table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo pretty! Thanks for sharing the instructions!! Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing us how to do this. It's so simple yet adds such a great touch to your table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, that is really good Martha!!
    Thanks for sharing this tutorial, I want to give it a try!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you desire to takе much frоm thіs post then you hаve to
    apρly such strategies to your won blog.



    My webpаge Clicking Here

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Superb blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
    I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a
    paid option? There are so many choices out
    there that I'm completely confused .. Any tips? Thanks a lot!

    my page: bmr calculator to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gracias por esta hermosa tecnica Saludos desde Mexico!!!

    ReplyDelete