Hey everyone -- hope you had a great weekend -- funny how much faster Mondays seem to come around than Fridays! How is that? I had a very nice greeting this morning from sweet Cindy of "The Heart of Your Home". She sent me this award. Thanks Cindy, this was so kind and surprising.
Well I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.
1. I've always lived in Virginia -- I was born in the Tidewater area and both of our children were as well... while I don't live there anymore, I love the beach, am drawn to it and always feel most at home there. I find that while I think the mountains are quite beautiful, I often feel somewhat "unsettled" there...like I'm going to fall off or something.
2. Between my husband and I there are six sets of twins in our families -- (one set is our granddaughters)
3. My name is Martha and I have a sister named Mary -- I have a brother whose name is NOT Lazarus! (It's Bill and he's pretty happy about that, he is however a chaplain)
4. I have a sister-in-law named Martha as well -- I work in the same school system where we both went to school, and worked -- Makes for some interesting confusions by phone and e-mail.
5. We have two dogs who are rescues from the Humane Society -- I hope to volunteer with them when I retire (if I can refrain from bringing every one home with me). I'm a little over three years from retirement and that both delights and scares me at the same time.
6. I met my husband when I was in a high school play directed by his sister -- he came to a play practice just when we were rehearsing a kissing scene -- he must have liked the way it looked because he asked me out shortly after that. We both love live theater and our son grew up to be a professional actor.
7. Our favorite holiday is Thanksgiving -- we were married on Thanksgiving eve and celebrate our anniversary (we just celebrated 35 years) on Thanksgiving eve rather than the date itself (November 26th).
I'm supposed to send this award to 15 more bloggers, however....I truly hope this doesn't dissapoint, but I just can't pick .... I adore so many wonderful bloggers and have honestly met some of the kindest, most caring, supportive and fabulously talented people I've ever known! In my book, every blogger has their own unique and wonderful style and I find them all to be enjoyable. I would love for anyone who reads this and has not received this particular award.....please.....please, take it and let us know 7 things about yourself....we're all friends here!
I am a wife of 35 years, mother of two grown children. and grandmother to 4 adorable grandgirls. I love crafting, tablescaping, decorating -- but am probably not terribly talented at any of these. That doesn't stop me however. I'm so honored that anyone chooses to visit me -- I hope you find this blogspot to be a welcoming spot to visit -- come on in and stay awhile -- let's have a nice chat.