Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

 I hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th of July!  We're grateful to have electricity when so many still are days away from being restored.  I found inspiration for my holiday table from an old Lang calendar I've been working with for the past few months.  This seemed perfect for the 4th of July in the Mid-Atlantic.  Red, white and blue and shells.





 I didn't have a patriotic pail like the drawing....but I substituted this wooden box with a handle.  I used some oasis in the box, stuck in the flags and pinwheels and topped it with shells.





 It made a fun centerpiece for our 4th of July table.



 Won't you join us for: barbeque, cole slaw, cut melons, sliced tomatoes, cucumber salad, iced tea and pound cake with berries and ice-cream for dessert!



 Red rimmed transferware plates over white charger plates and a navy blue napkin embroidered with a star.



A "rim shot" of the dishes.


 My shell flatware seemed to fit right in.




Flag napkins in blue goblets.



 One more look at the Mid-Atlantic 4th of July tablescape. 




Keelyn and Kendall are all smiles for the Red, White and Blue (and a little pink just for good measure!)


I'm linking to Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday.http://betweennapsontheporch.net/http://betweennapsontheporch.net/



See ya!

9 comments:

  1. Martha, I wondered about you when I heard so many were without power in your area. Glad yours is on! Your centerpiece is a great interpretation of the calendar photo, and I love the big checks on your tablecloth. The red transferware is so pretty with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, very patriotic table! Love your dishes. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Between Naps on the Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha,
    Thanks so much for your comment. I had the red, white and blue too. But switched things out quickly so I could use the pink table cloth. Your table looks wonderful, and the girls are beautiful!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table with the patriotic theme! Looks beautiful. Your grands are adorable.
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patriotic tablescape. It made me want to stand up and salute. You are such a talented table designer. Every table you do inspires me to make my table setting more palatable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible run of weather in your area. I'm glad to hear you didn't lose power. The people who did have got to be suffering. Red and white transfer ware is my favorite, and I like seeing it as part of your patriotic table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Miss Martha!!! Boy was I relieved to hear you were OK. Glad to know you have electricity, too, because I can only imagine how miserable the people without must be! Goodness... that's a long time to go without!!! You did a really good job with your centerpiece!!! It's a terrific interpretation of your inspiration piece! The food you had sounds wonderful, too! I hope cooler weather moves your direction without bringing storms with it. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are ok!
    Love the table, great interpretation of the picture!
    Your gds are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how wonderful! your whole place looks patriotic! how lovely to celebrate our country!! The storms were terrible here too...people wee without power in this heat for almost 2 weeks!! back to normal now..
    I am your newest follower pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete