Monday, January 28, 2013

January Monday Treats

I was going to call this post "A Month of Mondays" -- but then I thought nobody would want to read that!  So I thought I would share with you the Monday treats I took to work for the month of January.  The first Monday I took a Breakfast Casserole.  Recipe follows:
1 lb. sausage
2 slices cubed bread
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup grated sharp cheese
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
Brown loose sausage & drain.  Spread bread cubes over 9 x 13 greased pan.  Top with grated cheese and crumbled sausage.  Beat eggs and remaining ingrediants.  Pour over top.  Regrigerate overnight.  Bake at 350 for 45 - 55 minutes.



The second week I took a Strawberry Cheese Ring that is credited to former First Lady, Rosalynn Carter.
16 ozs charp cheddar cheese grated
3 ozs of softened cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 small onion chopped
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or powder
Cayenne pepper to taste
1 cup strawberry preserves

Combine all ingredients except perserves in a food processor or with electric mixer.  Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.  Scoop mixture onto a plate.  Mold mixture into a ring.  Spoon strawberry preserves into center of ring and serve with crackers.

 





The third Monday I took Cherry Cheesecake cups

Crust: 1 package yellow or Devil's Food cake mix
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted -- (I think that the next time I would use 1/2 cup)
Cheese Filling: 2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese softened
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping:  1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 can cherry pie filling
Preheat oven to 350.  Place liners in 24 muffin cups.
For crust, combine cake mix and melted butter in large bowl.  Beat at low spead with mixer for 1 min.  (mixture will be curmbly)  Divide mixture evenly among cups.  Level, but do not press
For Cheese Filling - combine cream cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in medium bowl.  Beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.  Spoon evenly into muffin cups.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until set.
For Topping, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl.  Spoon evenly over cheesecakes.  Return to oven for 5 minutes.  Cool completely.  Garnish each cheesecake with cherry pie filling and refrigerate until ready to serve.  




The fourth Monday I took a loaf of Panera Bread Cinnamon Raisin Bread and sliced it and then cut each slice in half.  I served it with cinnamon butter spread.   Monday treats don't have to be homemade.....just thoughtfully presented.

It's just a small way to spread good cheer to my co-workers and give us all something to look foward to on Mondays!

See ya!

4 comments:

  1. What lucky colleagues you have! I know they DO look forward to Mondays, and I think that's a wonderful idea, since the tendency is to celebrate on Fridays. The little cherry cheesecake cups sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo on the food. I would look forward to every single Monday with those tempting recipes. I can't wait to try them out myself. Especially the Roslyn Carter one. What a grat combination of cheese and perserves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all we ever get at work is more work:@) They all look great, I really want to try the breakfast casserole. Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delicious each time!

    I have to make a cherry cheesecake sometime soon.

    God bless and may February be fabulous,
    d

    ReplyDelete