Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A couple of treasures

I know that I've been somewhat awol from posting and commenting lately - just being busy. I've tried to take the opportunity to visit many of you, even if I didn't have time to comment -- I'm always so inspired by what you all are doing. I did want to share a few things I got this weekend at a local antique thrift shop. I found lots of tablescaping things that will be coming up here and there -- but here are two I'll share today.

I found this shell pitcher that I believe I'll find use for all summer. This baby is really heavy - no markings on the bottom so I really know nothing at all about it. Did you notice the two starfish? I didn't until I got it home.

I love the lines and this gives a clue to the tablescape I'm doing this week for Father's day - it will be posting later this evening.


A couple of weeks ago I did a practice cowboy themed tablescape for our son-in-laws birthday. We finally got everybody's schedule together and had the dinner last Sunday. I found this cute guy this weekend - and added him to the fun. I didn't get a picture, but if you look back at previous tablescapes, you'll find the one I'm speaking of.


Looks like our horseshoe cowboy is waving bye. He would be perfect to hold a balloon bouquet too, don't you think? He was just the right style for wishing our birthday cowboy a very happy belated birthday.

See ya!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Martha! What an unusual pitcher! It will be perfect for a tablescape! And I love the little horseshoe cowboy...what a cutie for a little boy's birthday party! Great finds!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pitcher is great. It will be great conversation for the summer! What a great find. I love to go antiquing too. It is so much fun! You just never know what you will come home with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love that pitcher. I see the little starfish. It would go so well on this Florida house..sigh, if you ever get tired of it...by the way, where is that new grandbaby?

    Have a great day Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, that cowboy is so much fun!!!! I can see that you would get lots of use out of that guy. And I love the pitcher too, so unusual! So Lovely! I can't want to spot them in tablescapes!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute horseshoe cowboy and I LOVE that pitcher! Great finds, :D Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cowboy-collecting husband would be crazy for that horseshoe cowboy! That pitcher is so unique and pretty. Two great finds. laurie

    ReplyDelete