Thursday, September 10, 2009

Foodie Friday - Fudgies

I love seeing what everybody's cooking up each week on "Foodie Friday" -- Thanks Gollum, for this wonderful connection for all of us!



As I promised (or perhaps warned) - here's the recipe for the 1970's school cafeteria Fudgies!

4 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Milk
1/4 Lb. Butter
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1 Cup Peanut Butter
5 Cups Oatmeal
2 Tablespoons Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Boil first four ingredients for 5 minutes, add peanut butter to hot ingredients, stir well, add oatmeal, salt & vanilla. Drop on waxed paper. Allow to set for 30 minutes before taking up.

That's it! Easy and good. I cut the recipe in half and that worked well (since we polished them all off in just a couple of days!) These are so sweet -- they'll make your teeth hurt!

See ya!

Be sure to check out what everybody's bringing to the potluck over at Gollums at Designs by Gollum.

8 comments:

  1. OMG..this is one of my favorite things. Thanks a million for the recipe....I've gotta run to the store and buy some more peanut butter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, those sound postiviely sinful!

    Happy FF...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made these cookies so many times when my daughters were at home and would say, Mom I need to take something to my meeting tonight (in half an hour, usually). I could whip these up in no time. I haven't had them in forever. I should really make some, but my waist is growing so I restrain myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they sound good, calories what calories?
    a bientot
    Maggie @ Normandy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! That cry is coming from my hips. I had these once before and loved them. Thanks for the recipe. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband love these. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe is what wonderful memories are made of! I remember sitting together with friends eating these while chatting away many hours .
    I like how easy they are, which is nice when you're wanting to gift many friends something homemade.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete