Monday, October 18, 2010

Tablescape Thursday - from "staged" to "reality"

I love Tablescape Thursday and all the settings that come to the table. I also love "cooking up" a new table fairly often.



Some of you may remember my Halloween Table set for my party with the grands last week. Well, this one was for you! The one I "really" set for my two year old grands and their parents and us -- was juuuuuuusssssttt a little bit different.



Now I did still use some of the elements from my "staged" tablescape...but the kitchen table is a bit more kid friendly and roomy for six.



Welcome to my real Halloween table from our friendly Halloween supper.



I switched from the spooky blackbirds to some silly goofy faced bats.



My scarecrow was a little camera shy last week....



....but he was posing mighty well on Saturday!



The adults used the same plates from last week, but I brought out my orange and black Halloween plaid napkins and my black and white corkbacked placemats.



The glasses for the adults was the same....





...but the girls had these cute little lidded pumpkin cups.


The girls had these orange chargers and the little plastic pumpkin plates I found last year.



This sheer square overlay adds some brightness to the table -- Got this last year at a little "off the beach" shop at Virginia Beach called the "Ragged Robin"...we're going back this weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have this year.



The dining table held the cupcakes for dessert....




....chocolate with cream cheese icing! Yum!




There were also some Halloween "treats" for the girls.....



...their pumpkins were filled with an Old Navy Halloween t-shirt, a halloween book and topped with these cute little witches hats I found Saturday in the dollar bin at Target. They also took home their masks....one picked the little black cat and the other picked the jack-o-lantern. Can't remember who got which. Looks like the little devil and witch masks are going to be travelling on down to Georgia with the "treat package" for my two grandgirls there.




....after the Kendall and Keelyn ate a good supper....




...and drank their "pumpkin" milk.....



...it was time for two little witches....




...to have some "bewitching" cupcakes! There's nothing like these two little girls holding up their pumpkins and saying "Twicker tweets Nana!" ....and you know Nana sent them home with some!

This tablescape may not have been as well staged....but it sure was fun! Be sure to check out all the tabletop fun this week hosted by Susan of "Between Naps On The Porch"....It's a year round treat every Thursday!

Wishing all of you sweet treats and adorable goblins. I've posted a couple of books about "Southern Mamas" as a friendly give-a-way in my last post... If you're interested, just add your comment through Wednesday the 20th and I'll put your name in the hat ....it couldn't be easier!

See ya!

36 comments:

  1. They are too cute...the girls!! I love both tables too, so I'd be just as happy at either! I had my family at the breakfast bar, and my parents came so we took turns sitting! That's what I should photograph, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! That is why I celebrate Halloween, is for the kiddos. Such cute little girls. Both tables are really nice.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, This is the cutest table!!! I love the green pumpkin.

    Have a splendid week,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, What sweet babies :) Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Everything is so festive and adorable. Your tablescape is the best kind ... for the little ones!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...so cute. I wish I had those pumpkin cups, my little grandsons are coming for the weekend and at 2 and 3, we only use cups with lids around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Martha. I love the scarecrow! And the baby is so cute, love the witch hat!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great Tablescape Martha, and what sweet little witches!! How ADORABLE!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute and your little witches wee adorable. I think your cup cakes looked to die for. I could almost taste one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun and your little witches are just precious. I loved the blast ya had with the tablescape, it is all very spookily beautiful!

    Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed beautiful 'fall' day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Martha! What a fun tablescape and what cute little guests! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Martha, those little girls are just sooo cute, and it looks like they are having such fun at Nana's house. I think anybody would have fun at eaither of those tables! Your ideas are always so clever, and these tables are no exception. Your cupcakes are so cute too. Thanks for sharing all of this fun. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute Cute Cute, Martha. Cute kiddo's and cute table! I love those cups, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much fun!!
    I want a cupcake too!!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday~~~

    Love your setting:))

    Blessings,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This tablescape is cute and from the heart! Your grands are adorable! Lovin' those orange chargers too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Martha, you just did an outstanding job on this! Looks ADORABLE. All the details and those CUTE plates! Love the napkins, too, and it looks like the guests really enjoyed themselves. Fun, fun, fun, and FESTIVE, too!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday..

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Twicker Tweets, Nana!

    That's just so cute!
    I think this table is set just great. I missed last week's party so anything reused is NEW to me. I LOVE those plates and those black and orange napkins.

    You never disappoint, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful real table.. so fun, so inviting and so delightful. I'd love to be a kid at your place. I love those black and white cork placemats. and the napkin rings - are those hair accessories??? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cutie, cute,cute,cute! I love their table as much as ours. Especially the adorable witch hats, jack-o-lantern juice cups and delicious cupcakes! Looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just adorable! So are the little girls! I love those plaid napkins! I think I missed last week, I'm going to check it out now!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun table for Halloween! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Martha those twins just stole my heart big time...how freaking cute can they get girl...Love seeing your fun table you did for them I bet your a great grandma and a fun one also...Hugs and smiles to ya my Dear friend...Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look at that sweetie!~ What an adorable little girl!
    YOur table is spook-tacular! Love the napins and all the variations on your halloween theme. So creative.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Darling little girls!! What fun! Love those orange chargers!! Talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those two little darlings can only be "good" witches! I'm so glad your scarecrow finally turned around for us! I love scarecrows and he is cute! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun party! So so cute. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Come link up to Centerpiece Wed.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tablesettings - both - are terrific! Just love the cupcake holders! The little one is just precious! You all must have had a wonderful time,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your grandchildren are adorable! I love both of the tables! They look like they are having a great time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What beautiful grandchidren. It looks like they are having so much fun. Love your tablesHope you have time to visit. I am new and need comments.wethreedogsandme.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cutiest table with cutiest guests, ever.

    Love the cupcake stand & the cloché.

    Hapy TS, Lady & enjoy the week-end ahead.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, your granddaughters are SO adorable! I know they loved the special table you set for them -- not to mention the treats!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, what fun you must have had with your adorable grands at that fun table! Perfect!

    Christi @ A Southern Life

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Martha,

    What precious little angels and what a sweet, caring grandmother to create such a fun, imaginative, delightful setting for them!

    They must have enjoyed it (almost?) as much as you enjoyed setting the stage for the party!

    Bye for now,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a sweet post! The girls are so cute in their witch hats. Those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super adorable! Tablescapes aren't worth a thing without loved ones gathered around them- your "real" tablescape is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  35. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E-!!! What precious little girls & I know exactly how much fun you BOTH had!! Delightful memories being made. WTG, Nana Martha

    ReplyDelete
  36. what a great halloween table some of it scary. Will try your cupcakes

    ReplyDelete