Monday, October 29, 2012

Calander inspiration tablescape - October


October is almost done and it was time to  bring out the Lang calander for tablescape inspiration.




So here we are with the October picture of a basket, a crow, and figs.


 You can see the basket here a little closer and I think the figs look really pretty.




 And here's my tabletop version -- now while I think the figs in the picture are really pretty and I was surprised to find some fresh figs in the grocery store (of course no leaves though)......



we don't really like figs so much, so I substituted plums instead.  You'll have to pretend they're figs!






And for a bit of green, I added some gourds.





Added a bit of color to the black and white table linens.






 Sorry that the day is so dreary, but we're being visited by "Sandy".  These goblets are amethyst in color.




 A view from the crows nest.




My stack of dishes starts with green....


 over black and white checked.....over plain white.



 Two smaller crows are standing guard on the backside of the basket.



.....this little guy seems to have had an unfortunate accident...only one leg.



across the tabletop....


 ....a neat effect that I didn't even know I could do --- black and white and only the greens showing their colors.


Back to all color and I've added some more gourds to the plates.





Since I will actually eat the plums....I've replaced them with all mini pumpkins and gourds.


Don't you love them this time of year?

 Some years I have really enjoyed setting a fun Halloween table especially when the grands are coming for a seasonal supper, but this year the girls got strep throat and with the hurricane bearing down, I decided to just keep it a little more simple.....maybe next year will find my table filled with witches and goblins.



 Yesterday before the rain started, I ducked into Marshall's to look for a new pair of "puddle jumpers".


Now I've just got to hope that the puddles don't get any higher than my ankles!  So far, it looks like we're not going to have it so bad....we've been lucky so far.  I hope my friends that are a little more north and those closer to the coast will soon be dry and have minimal damage.  And those to the west of us are supposed to get quite a bit of snow.....looks like we're in the right spot this time around. Good luck everyone!

See ya!


This week I'm joining the fun at "Let's Dish!" -- be sure to visit lots of fun (and spooky) tables!http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/2012/10/sandy-wasn-dandy-let-dish-33.html

13 comments:

  1. Love the cute rain boots. Loved the table scape too...although the crow was a little creepy to me. I was terrified by The Birds original make and do not like large groupages of birds to this day. I actually went to school with the blond child who was in the attack/running scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black white and green together! LOL on the crow's leg...I had one come off in my hand and I poked it back in but I know it's going to keep falling out! Perhaps it's epidemic! LOL... Cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you stayed high and dry. The table is really so pretty. I know the feeling, if the littles don't come by.. it's not near as much fun! Love your crows and the black and white check.. especially with the green.. Happy Haunting. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Martha, what a pretty table with the black and white and touches of green. I love the mini gourds as they add that special Fall touch. I love your new boots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, love this color combo. I need to remember using this apple green with all my black and white. Your crows are cute with this table. Happy Halloween.......Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your your inspiration for your table. Great combinations. I like your puddle jumpers. I hope you take get too much of the bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great copycat, Martha. Love the table!..
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you subbed the figs for something you really like. I have not caught fig fever. I bought one and tasted it, but it just didn't do anything for me. Maybe I'll try again in another couple of years or so. SO glad to hear you didn't get hit as hard as some of your neighbors to the east. This is one time I'm sure that living more inland was to your advantage! I haven't heard the term "puddle jumpers" in so long! Great memories!!! Have a good weekend, and I hope the snow isn't too cumbersome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving YOUR copy cat much better, dear Martha! I love figs. I'm so happy for you my friend,as not some of your friends and my family was lucky that way. My heart goes out to so many people that were devastated by Sandy. Love your table and your sweet visit. Have a nice weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your black/white/green table, Martha. I would have subbed plums for figs, too!
    Cute puddle jumpers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY COW...where did you get the awesome black and white plates????
    Your table is just perfect....:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin' the black and white checks in your table setting! And those puddle jumpers are fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table, Martha! The centerpiece is lovely. I just learned that I do like figs! I don't think I ever really gave them a chance before because I didn't like the way they look. I ate more than my fair share this past month :)

    So nice stopping by to visit with you this evening!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete